Going Mint...


I'm not the first to say it, but can you believe how fast the summer has gone? It's absolutely crazy! I haven't really done too much in regards to projects around our apartment that I had been hoping to do. I had this list in my head of things I wanted to accomplish and I'm not really sure I got anything checked off. Fail. 

I am determined to get one thing crossed off my checklist before the end of summer hits...so here we go.

This. Dresser.



I guess by the looks of it it needs to be wiped down...finger prints & dirt much?
And yes, the pulls on the top drawer are missing...I have them, they just need to be put back on {how sad, I haven't even had the motivation to do that! Ha}.

*Please excuse the horrid photos*

Ugh. I love it and hate it all at once. It sits in our entryway - and I love it there. However, I am not totally loving the colour and, let's call them, designs. Are ya with me? It's a great piece for our entry as it holds things like hats and mitts {especially in those winter months} as well as other odds and ends. I generally have a bowl or catch all of some sort sitting on top of it too for mail, keys, etc. At the moment it is piled with stuff because I have been trying to organize the entry. Overall, it serves a great purpose in our little entry...but it's kind of an eye sore. 

So, I have decided to go mint.
I could just paint it black and cover up those *lovely* designs. I could paint it white but the space is full of white; and since I have to leave the walls white I don't really want to paint the dresser white. I thought about a grey colour but decided that I wanted to add a bit of colour to the space. So mint it is. I love green to start with, and I am loving all the mint I have been seeing lately...

{find it}
And remember this minty page from the August Style at Home?
Yes, I am going mint. 
Stay tuned to see the end result!

What's your take on mint?


Enjoy your weekend! 

Comments

  1. mint is cool ! I was thinking last night of updating my coffee table for a minty colour !

    Chrissi xox

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!